As part of a third generation ship owner/operator family, Nicky Pappadakis has worked in every aspect of the shipping industry over his greater than 50 year career. Mr. Pappadakis has participated in every aspect of the shipping business, from being an apprentice seaman on tankers and bulkers to eventually heading his family’s shipping interests – and everything in between.
In addition to having been the Chairman of A.G. Pappadakis and Co. Ltd., below is a partial list of Mr. Pappadakis’ experience:
• Current Chairman Malta International Shipping Council (Shipowners Association under Malta Flag)
• Former Chairman of Hellenic Committee RINA
• Chairman Emeritus and former Chairman of Intercargo
• Former member of the Board of Directors Union of Greek Shipowners
• Member, Board of Directors, Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
• Former Vice President and Life member of The Hellenic Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
• Member of following classification national Committees:
- Hellenic Committee of Lloyd's Register
- Germanischer Lloyd
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Norske Veritas
- Mediterranean Committee China Classifications Society
• Member London Steam Ship Owner's P+I Club Committee
• Former President and life member HELMEPA (Hellenic Maritime Environmental Protection Association)
• Life member NAMEPA (North American Environmental Protection Association)
His extensive shipping background coupled with a deep commitment to the sea, seafarers and the environment.