As part of a third generation ship owner/operator family, Nicky Pappadakis has worked in every aspect of the shipping industry over his greater than 50 year career. Mr. Pappadakis has participated in every aspect of the shipping business, from being an apprentice seaman on tankers and bulkers to eventually heading his family’s shipping interests – and everything in between.
In addition to having been the Chairman of A.G. Pappadakis and Co. Ltd., below is a partial list of Mr. Pappadakis’ experience:
• Current Chairman Malta International Shipping Council (Shipowners Association under Malta Flag)
• Former Chairman of Hellenic Committee RINA
• Chairman Emeritus and former Chairman of Intercargo
• Former member of the Board of Directors Union of Greek Shipowners
• Member, Board of Directors, Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
• Former Vice President and Life member of The Hellenic Chinese Chamber of Commerce.
• Member of following classification national Committees:
• Member London Steam Ship Owner's P+I Club Committee
• Former President and life member HELMEPA (Hellenic Maritime Environmental Protection Association)
• Life member NAMEPA (North American Environmental Protection Association)
His extensive shipping background coupled with a deep commitment to the sea, seafarers and the environment.
Address: 3, N. Kountouriotou str 546 25, Thessaloniki
Phone: +30 2310 551222 Mobile: +30 6937 661 225
Theodorovia (Via) Theodoridou
Marital Status: Married
Date of Birth: 08/01/1958
Place of Birth: Thessaloniki
1976, Graduate of the 7th / 12th Lyceum Thessalonikis
1980, Holder of IATA – UFTAA Foundation Course Diploma
01/05/1998 – Today: MINIMA TRAVEL, Thessaloniki Owner / Manager
Duties: Administrative and Financial obligations of the company
01/01/1984 – 31/12/1997: MEMPHIS TRAVEL, Thessaloniki Owner / Manager
Duties: Administrative and Financial obligations of the company
01/06/1977 – 30/12/1983: OCEANIC WORLD, Thessaloniki Travel Agent
Duties: Specializing in air fare structure, ticketing, creating individual and organized tour packages
Computer Systems: Excellent use of the reservation system SABRE RED, logistic system PANASOFT, WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK EXPRESS
Cinema, Fitness, Music, Travel, Literature
Good Communication skills, Accuracy, Flexibility, Perseverance, Functionality, Excellent skills problem-solving
Mrs Theodoridou Theodorovia (Via) was born in Thessaloniki in 1958. After completing her studies she started dealing with tourism and in early 1998 she created her own family business, the travel agency ‘’MINIMA TRAVEL’’.
She is married to Mr. Odysseus Theodoridis and together they have two sons, Cornelius & Spiros, who are, naturally, active in business by creating an innovative on-line tourism company, AIRSHOP.GR, which enables direct access to all of our services 24hours, 7 days, all year.
Mrs Theodoridou’s significant experience and presence since 1977 in the field of tourism makes her one of the most qualified, energetic and organized members of tourism community.
The diligence as well as the temper of productive work of the company’s staff for a continuous upward business route, established it as one of the most reliable Travel Agencies and the proof of that is the long cooperation with serious and reliable companies and businessmen.
Mr. Dimitrios Titopoulos was born in Athens in August 1967.
He is the Executive Director of Suntech – Power for the regions of South East Europe, Middle East and Africa. Suntech-Power is one of the world's largest solar panel manufacturer and a global solar energy industry leader. He is leading the company’s energy solutions business for PV panels sales, partnering in solar energy farms development and IPP / BOO / BOT operations, EPC and O&M services. He is member of the Hellenic Association of Photovoltaic Companies as well as of MESIA (Middle East Solar Association). Mr. Titopoulos has more than 20 years of experience in international business development and entered the solar sector in 2011 as Sales Director of Yingli Solar for Greece, Cyprus and the Balkans. Prior to joining the Photovoltaic sector, Mr. Titopoulos worked for 18 years at Bosch & Siemens Home Appliances GmbH, one of the leading companies in home appliances worldwide. He served as Director for new Business Development at the Head Quarters in Munich in Germany, responsible for the markets of Australia, Brazil, Italy, Spain and Turkey. For many years, he was also the Commercial & Marketing Director of the subsidiary in Greece. Having acquired experience in various business fields and functions, he acts as Member of Advisory Boards of companies within the sectors of Home Appliances, Electronics, Retailing, Solar, Biogas and Waste Management. Mr. Titopoulos studied Business Administration and Marketing at the University of Piraeus in Greece. He is fluent in English, German and Greek and has basic knowledge in Spanish and Portuguese.
Dervenakion 19, Piraeus
Tel.: +30 210 4625845, Fax: +30 210 4616740
Personal information :
Family situation: Married
Date of birth: 11-03-1972
Nationality: Greek Military service:
1989 - 1992 Middle education
Knowledge of PC :
Entersoft Expert Known languages :
English (Excellent knowledge - Proficiency level)
Spanish (Good knowledge – Basic level)
Yannidis K. Nikolaos
I was born in Athens in 1987 and I live in Palaio Faliro. From my teenage life I was passionate with the business operations of our family company Yannidis bros. S. A. VITEX-HERMES, a company with presence since 1932. This passion goes along with other interests, such as trips, history and interpersonal relations. I studied to learn more about business but also to understand what trade means today and through the history. The moment to share my passion with others has come.
In my first business steps I was inspired by my father, who gave me what he believes: “That the most important thing is the wiliness for hard work”. For this reason, I decided to follow his steps in the Hellenic-Chinese Chamber with high respect, as he is one of the creators of this Chamber.
In 2007, I finished my military obligation. During last year I graduated from the American College of Greece - Deree, completing the first part of my education. At the same time I started in our family company with the need for hard work in order to build value for the company and to myself as well.
The Hellenic-chinese entrepreneurship is an important business cooperator for the future of Greece and we have to strengthen it with commitment for hard work and persistence, mutually for both sides.
Name : Afroditi Arvaniti
Nationality : Greek
Phone :Mobile : +30 6936834322 Home : +30 210 9601861
With more than 20 years of working experience in the Hotel & Tourism industry, empowered by my passion for hospitality and people, my strong vision, constant learning process, persistence and patience, even under the most challenging moments, integrity and determination, agility and adaptability I had the opportunity to develop both my Managerial skills as well as strategic thinking always driven by results.
My objective as a General Manager of a Landmark 5star property, operating for more than 35 years, in the historic and commercial centre of tψ φhe city of Athens, is to improve Profitability and Productivity ensuring growth through long term Strategic planning and strong positioning of the hotel.
June 2010 - today
General Manager NJV Athens Plaza Hotel & Managing Director of Varnicos Group of Companies SA (Luxury city centre Hotel 182 rooms, Meeting rooms, 2 Restaurants, lounge & bar. Manage a team of 158 people)
1) Lead the effective management of all hotel functional areas to maximize financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing the guest experience
2) Responsible for ensuring that all staff and management as well as business decisions are in line with the company's culture including the mission, values and guiding principles of the organization
3) Ensure the maximization of hotel revenue by anticipating market shifts and developing and monitoring annual business & marketing plans
4) Successfully balances the needs and expectations of guests, employees and ownership
5) Ensure the development of a realistic strategic business plan that defines operational goals and profitability.
1) Improved profitability. During a very challenging economic environment drove the hotel to a new era through reorganization and implementation of a new service culture as per International hotel standards.
2) Increased Productivity. Focused both on Sales & Operation functions that increased significantly productivity.
3) Ensured growth. Strategic planning and inspiration of a vision to ensure long term growth and strong position of the Hotel.
July 2006 – May 31st 2010
STARWOOD HOTELS & RESORTS ASTIR PALACE COMPLEX Complex Director of Sales & Marketing
Head of Sales & Marketing Department for Astir Palace Complex of 3 hotels (Luxury Collection, Westin & W) with total number of 500 rooms/5 star properties & conference facilities for 1,000 persons. Managing team of 24 persons
Active member of the Complex Executive Committee
1) Initiate, plan, direct and manage the implementation of the complex sales and marketing strategy.
2) Direct the activities of the Complex Sales, Events, Marketing, PR and Reservation teams, ensuring that the activities of all team members are aligned with Complex strategy.
3) Conduct and present to Starwood and owning company yearly Marketing Plan/Budget.
4) Responsibility for successful implementation and delivery of results accordingly.
5) As an active member of the Executive Committee be actively involved and directly support the hotel operation
1) Transformation : Led overall change in an established organization managed for 40 years under the structure of Greek public sector transforming it to a high standards profitable business unit.
2) Restructure : Implement new policies and create new structure as per Starwood Resort & Hotels standards. Lead strategic planning for the Complex Sales, Marketing & Revenue department to maximize productivity.
3) Growth : Repositioned Hotel Complex and developed a solid new business mix combining traditional and emerging markets , by changing the image and perception of the Market from an outdated resort to a number one upscale property, reputable for its high standards and unique quality.
February 2004 until July 2006
HILTON HOTELS & RESORTS
HILTON ATHENS /527 rooms & conference facilities for 2,500 persons - 5 star property
Director of Sales & Marketing
Head of Department (16 persons)
1) In charge of M.I.C.E (Meetings/Incentives/Conventions) , GROUPS , TRAVEL TRADE
2) In charge of all Major MICE accounts locally and Internationally Managing Hilton Global Accounts Whole Sale FIT/Groups agreements / Tour Series
3) Participate in the preparation of the Business Development plans of the company.
4) In charge of all major corporate communication activities. 5) Managing major Marketing activities / sponsorships
1) Restructure : Restructure and further develop Sales & Marketing team in order to increase productivity and expand in all International and local Markets
2) Growth : Obtain optimal business mix to ensure maximum revenues and profit.
January 2003 – February 2004 HILTON HOTELS & RESORTS
Director of Sales M.I.C.E (Hilton Athens re-opened after a major renovation and after almost 40 years of operation)
1) Manager of the M.I.C.E (Meetings/Incentives/Conventions) Department of Hilton Athens Managing a team of 8 persons
2) Cooperation with major multinational companies in Europe. In Contact with International Associations
3) Negotiate contracts of cooperation for major Conferences/Conventions.
4) Participate in the preparation of the Business Development plans of the company.
5) Major corporate communication activities.
1) New Hotel Opening : Created new department and trained newly hired Sales executives as per Hilton Standards
2) Productivity : Implementation of new Structure & Policies as per Hilton International in order to maximize revenues.
April 2002 – December 2002
ATHENS 2004 (Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games) Project Manager Hotels/Athens Head Office
♦ Conduct and negotiate contracts between the IOC (International Olympic Committee) and 4 & 5 star hotels in Athens
♦ In charge of the project for the selection of the Olympic Hotels in the four Olympic cities (Iraklion, Thessaloniki, Patra, Volos)
♦ Conduct and negotiate contracts with the four Olympic hotels in the four Olympic cities
♦ Organize the International Conferences of the Medical Committee of the IOC and Chefs des Mission conference
1) Negotiation : In charge of all negotiations between the Greek Olympic Committee and Athens's major deluxe hotels, respecting IOC standards, to ensure signed agreements that would lead to optimal results during the Olympic games and benefit both the country as well as the participating hotel's.
March 1998 – March 2002 ACCOR HOTELS
SOFITEL CAPSIS CONVENTION CENTERS AND RESORT HOTELS
(Two 5star Hotels (Sofitel Capsis Rhodes & Sofitel Capsis Palace Crete) with 660 rooms each. Convention Centers /Conference facilities of 2000 persons in Crete & 3,000 persons in Rhodes.
Complex Director of Sales (Athens Head Office – Sales & Marketing)
2) Managing a sales team of 10 persons
3) In charge of Business Development Projects
4) Sales trips abroad 5) Contact International Associations
6) Company Presentations during International Biddings
7) Supervise process and handling, of major files
8) Managing the corporate communication team
1) Build International Relations : Initiated and Managed Franchise agreement with Accor/Sofitel improving international business and maximizing revenues
2) Transform a local Sales Office to an International department biding for major worldwide Conferences & Events
3) Growth : Position & Promote New Convention Centre to all potential International markets. Design & implement new Sales strategies as per International standards.
1995 – 1998 HORIZON TRAVEL S.A.
Director of Sales &Marketing
1) Director of "Business Circle" Department, in charge of major accounts (Greek & Multi National Companies, International Institutions and associations based in Greece).
2) Corporate Travel and organization of meetings and Incentives both in Greece and abroad.
3) Cooperation with worldwide hotel chains
Major accounts: IBM, Price Water House Coopers, Guiness UDV, Deloitte & Touche, L'Oreal, Roche Hellas, Sanofi, Delta S.A., OTE, Mtilineos S.A. , YPO
1) Innovation : Initiate New Department , within the organization , planning meetings/conferences for major Greek & International companies based in Greece. Contribute significantly to the profit increase of the organization.
1990–1995 HORIZON TRAVEL S.A. (Appointed DMC for Greece of MARITZ TRAVEL USA)
Sales Manager /French & US Market A promising career begins with my employment by the above organization. Personal development within, as well as professional recognition and establishment in the Tourist Market through the above company.
♦ Planning and Introducing Incentive programs for major Incentive Houses and International Commercial Accounts.
♦ Maintain Prospective clients and generate continuing business through sales trips abroad
♦ Public relations and Local sales
♦ Costing of Incentive programs
♦ Coordination of services provided by the office while in operation Cooperation with the biggest hotels in Greece for the accommodation of incoming business
1985 – 1990 Professional Lecturer / Guide
Cooperation with Major Travel Agencies in Athens (Horizon Travel, Arvanitis, Amphitrion, Triaena tours & Congress, Concept tours etc)
Preparation and Operation of Incentive programs in cooperation with Horizon S.A. (US Market)
Lectures for VIP delegations for Ministry of Culture, European Cultural Center of Delphi, Unesco and other major Institutions
Graduate Senior State College of Tourism in Athens
Greek and Roman Art History / Museum of Louvre – Paris
1998 – 2000
Series of ACCOR Academy seminars concerning development of MICE sector, organized by ACCOR in PARIS.
2000 – 2002
Workshops on Project and Process Management by Dr Dimitris Seferis/ Professor University of Washington & Member of the Academy of Athens
2003 – Hilton University Management seminars (total 10 projects)
2006 Hilton University / Pro Active Leadership Master Course
2008 Starwood Academy : Leading Starwood Seminars/Paris 2009 Starwood Academy : "Blue Ocean" Leading Starwood International GM'S Assessment
2013 Cornell University/School of Hotel Administration (e-Cornell)
"Certificate in Strategic Leadership for the Hospitality Professional " Completed
"Master Certificate in Hospitality Management : Focus on Finance & Revenue"
Memberships : Member of European Hotel Managers Association (EHMA) Member of the Chief Executive Officers (CEO) International Club Member of Meeting Planners International (MPI)
Greek : Fluent
English : Fluent
French : Fluent
Italian : Spoken
Spanish : Spoken
Hobbies : Tennis, Classic Ballet, Music, Art History
Aircraft Engineer (Graduate School of Hellenic Air Force / Aeronautical Engineers Department SMA).
Energy Engineer (Post - graduate training in France at issues of energy & environment.)
Computer Systems Analyst (Post – graduate of Hellenic Productivity Center / Systems Analyst Sector)
Owner & manager from 2007 until present of the company “DIEXODOS TECHNIKI”, occupying with the Energy & Real Estate business with main subject the design & construction of bioclimatic buildings, the energy upgrade of the buildings & green solutions in heating & cooling at residences, at the commercial & tertiary sectors.
Exclusive distributor in Greece of the British industrial complex DUNPHY COMBUSTION LTD, which produces innovative industrial & household biogas burners, gas & oil.
Exclusive distributor in Greece & Cyprus of the German House SUNNYHEAT, that produces radiators with infrared heating units, unique worldwide for their electronic savings system.
The REAL ESTATE sector at the business holds an international certificate in the valuation & management of real estate & has been “very active” in working with counterparts in China to promote Chinese investments in our country.
He joined the private sector at 1999 with great expectations. At this new beginning, he served as General Manager (for a long term and until 2007) of KLIMATAIR COMMERCIAL S.A (5th in Daikin products sales in Europe that period) at the energy, air conditioning & works sectors with additional activities in the Company as:
He is married with Mrs. Stamatina Markou, Journalist - Communications & Public Relations Consultant in commercial Organizations, private companies & Chambers. His brother is Nikolaos Korniotakis, businessman operating in Luxembourg at the IT & commercial sectors & his father is the Brigadier General Michael Korniotakis. He comes from the historical and beautiful island of Crete.
Dr. Athanassios Frontistis
A Business Economist, Manager and Educator, Dr. Frontistis holds a PH.D. in Εconomics from the University of Thessaloniki, an M.B.A from the STERN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS OF THE NEW YORK UNIVERSITY, in which he also made part of his doctoral studies, and a B.A. from the Graduate School of Economics and Business Sciences, Athens, Greece. He has studied with the leading Management Professors P. Drucker and E. Deming at NYU and has worked with the famous gurus J. Juran and Ph. Kolter. He is fluent in Greek, English and French and possesses basic computer skills.
He is the founder and Chairman of EMI TRAINING AND CONSULTING S.A. operating in Greece, Member of the Board of Directors and Vice President of the Hellenic Chinese Chamber, ex-Chief Editor of the monthly review CHINA BUSINESS TODAY, regular contributor to dailies and monthly newspapers. He is a member of the Union of Correspondents of the Greek Οverseas Press and of the Union of European Journalists.
Since the late 1960’s, he has held senior and top executive positions in well known multinational corporations in Greece and the Middle East (UNILEVER, REVLON, NESTLE, L’OREAL, ELI LILLY, GENKA, etc), he has also been Chairman and CEO of the Greek Export Promotion Organisation (OPE), member of the Board and Alternate Chairman of the Greek Telecommunications Organisation (OTE), Consultant to Ministries, Chambers and Business Associations. Early in his career he served for seven years in Grande Bretagne Hotel and three years with Olympic Airways. (EMI has done extensive work in the tourism sectors for major hotels, tour operators, cruise ships, etc.)
He has served as Visiting Professor at the University of ULSTER, N. Ireland and Lecturer at the Stern School of Business of the New York University and at Deree, the American University in Greece. He has designed and directed post-graduate courses in Management and Marketing at the Greek Productivity Centre and has been keynote speaker on several public occasions, seminars and conferences in Greece and abroad. (USA, RUSSIA, CHINA, G.B., FRANCE, IRELAND, BELGIUM).
He has published two books and several papers and articles (over 200) on management, marketing and socioeconomic issues and has authored the 3rd chapter of J. Juran’s book ‘‘A History of Managing for Quality’’(1995), with title: “The Quality Management System Ancient Greeks Applied in the Construction of Temples and Theatres”. He has served as member of the Board, Vice President and member of the Executive Committee of the EUROPEAN COUNCIL FOR SMALL BUSINESS (ECSB), as member of the Export Promotion Group of the EU, and between 1987-1995 he has served as International Consultant and Expert on International Trade and Exports development at the International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO.
He has been President of the HELLENIC ASSOCIATION OF VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRES and member of several international and Greek scientific, professional and social organisations. For sixteen years he was member of the Board and served as Vice President and member of the Executive Committee of the Arab-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce and Development. He also served as Vice President of INKA, the Hellenic Consumers Institute, member of the National Consumers Council, member of the National Council of Agricultural Policy, member of the Board of the National Foundation for Agricultural Research and ex-President of the City Council of the town of Dionyssos.
He is Greek, married and has three daughters. He has published five poems collections and a theatre play. He is member of the Hellenic Literary Society. He has travelled extensively across all five Continents.
KONSTANTINOS (CONSTANTINE) E. KATSIGIANNIS
Attorney and Counselor-at-law (Supreme Court)
Constantine is of Greek and Canadian Nationality. He is a Lawyer by the Supreme Court of Greece, an Accredited Mediator (CIArb) certified by the Hellenic Ministry of Justice, a CCPIT and CCOIC Mediator and a Mediator Trainer (CEDR). He carries on a family tradition in legal services established in the 1880’s.
He studied law at the Law School of the “University of Athens”, with post-graduate studies at the “Universite de Paris I - Pantheon-Sorbonne”. His continuing education includes specialized training with the Venture Institute of the “European Venture Capital Association” (Belgium), the “EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Co-operation”(Japan), the “Karrass Oganization Effective Negotiating Training Courses” (USA), the “Chartered Institute of Arbitrators” (UK), the “Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution-CEDR” (UK), the “National Retailing Federation” (USA) et al.
He is fluent in English, French, Greek and Italian. Reads: Spanish and Portuguese.
Having acquired experience in various business fields and functions (chemical industry, chemical engineering, venture capital, infrastructure & construction, retailing, telecommunications, renewable energy, oil & gas), in addition to legal advice, litigation and dispute resolution, he provides active support in negotiations, strategic planning and project management.
He serves as a Board Member of Corporations and Associations. He was the first Greek national to serve as a Member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee of the “European Venture Capital Association” (EVCA). As the President of the EVCA’ s “Early Stage Investment Committee”, he led the team which submitted to the European Commission recommendations for the Commission’s 10-year action plan related to venture capital in the European Union. As a Board Member of “SELPE” (the Hellenic Large Retailers Association), he was in charge of negotiating the annual general employment agreements for the retailing sector in Greece, as well as legislation changes affecting the retailing industry. He is currently the President of the “Hellenic-Canadian Chamber of Commerce”, a Member of the Board of Directors of the “Hellenic-Chinese Chamber of Commerce” a Board Member of the Athens Stock Exchange listed “Babis Vovos Construction International” and a Partner of the “Hellenic Mediation Center”.In his legal practice of over 30 years, Constantine represents private clients, local and multi-national corporations world leaders in their fields and Associations. He has served as the “Canadian Olympic Committee” Legal Advisor for the Athens 2004 Olympic Games, as the Attache of the “Canadian Paralympic Committee” for the Athens 2004 Paralympics, as the Representative of the “Vancouver Olympic Committee” for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Torch Relay, as a Project Manager on the preparation of EU financed studies and projects, as a Project Manager on the preparation of Government Tender Files and privatization bids and as an Attorney of foreign Governments. He is a Certified Mediator (Registry Nr 44) and a Mediator Trainer.
He has business law teaching experience at the post-graduate studies program of the “University of Athens”, the “Association of Greek Banks”, the “Association of Corporations and LLCs” and focused local and international business seminars. He is the author of special interest law and business articles and publications, a recent one being “International Public Procurement-Greece” (Globe Law and Business, London, 2009). He has organized numerous specialized law and business seminars and conferences.
Konstantinos (Constantine) E. Katsigiannis
5, Iraklitou Street, Kolonaki, Athens 106 73, Greece
Phone: +30 210 3621027 Mobile : +30 6944 550550 In N.America : +1 416 268 1234